On one level, everything we’ve discussed these past few weeks could be considered self-mastery.
Gaining control over your self-esteem, self-sufficiency, confidence, motivation, and productivity takes some degree of self-mastery.
However, there’s another level of self-mastery.
A higher level.
When you take your self-mastery to a higher level, you gain an incredible number of benefits, such as more harmonious relationships, greater prosperity, more free time, and greater peace of mind.
There is also a spiritual benefit to exercising greater self-mastery, as you bring yourself into greater harmony with the Divine Essence of the Universe.
And as you may recall, this harmony improves the results you get from prayer.
In fact, when you take your self-mastery to a higher level, everything we’ve talked about — self-esteem, self-sufficiency, confidence, motivation, and productivity — are improved as well.
It is at this point in our series that we move away from what I call basic survival skills and move into the arena of truly “unlimited” success.
Okay, now that you understand the full value of developing a higher level of self-mastery, let’s define what we mean when we use the term.
Self-mastery, as I define it, is based on a sincere desire to express excellence in everything you do, regardless of whether anyone notices or not.
This desire to express excellence requires a deep understanding of yourself, of other people, and of the world at large.
Otherwise, it is not possible to express true excellence.
If you talk to someone who has developed true self-mastery, you might hear statements such as:
- I enjoy seeing how far I can grow as a person.
- I stretch my abilities by putting myself into situations where I need to perform at a higher level.
- One who controls the mind is more powerful than one who controls only the body.
- I experience joy and bliss every single day of my life.
- Every day, in every way, I strive to do what I can to improve the world around me.
- Every moment is a gift. I cherish all of them.
- I judge no one, because if I had live their life, I would do exactly as they do.
- I seek to understand the world and the people in it.
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Good things can sometimes come from unpleasant events.
- I enjoy trying new things.
- I enjoy my work and the good things I accomplish through doing it.
- I consider others as well as myself whenever I make a decision that may affect them.
The main thing involved in developing self-mastery is to be mindful at all times of what you do and how you do it.
The more you WANT to express excellence in everything you do, the more you will use the skills we’ve discussed so far to make it happen.
And the more you express excellence in everything you do, the better results you’ll get from doing them.
It’s obvious, isn’t it?
The more you express excellence in your relationships, the better your relationships become.
The more you express excellence in your career, the more you will be recognized and rewarded for it.
The more you express excellence in how you take care of your physical body, the more you will experience vibrant health.
And on it goes.
To your Unlimited Success!