Affirmations are a powerful tool when used correctly. Most of us learned to do affirmations in school when we repeated statements over and over again to memorize them.
Back then, the affirmations looked like:
- 30 days has September.
- I before E, except after C.
- In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue.
While these affirmations helped us memorize certain facts, they did not change us on a fundamental level.
Eventually, we learned that if we were to evolve in a significant way, we would need to change the thought patterns deep within our minds.
And despite the many new techniques which have come out in recent years, affirmations continue to be one of the best tools to make such evolutionary changes.
How to Use Affirmations
Using affirmations is actually a very simple technique. All you need to do is repeat your chosen statements over and over again, as often as you can, with as much confidence as you can muster.
The more confident you are in your affirmations, the quicker your inner mind will accept the new programming.
Another powerful method of using affirmations is to record them and play the recording in the background while you do other things.
This taps into the power of subliminal programming, which distracts the conscious mind long enough for the subconscious mind to notice and store the positive statements presented to it by the recording.
This second method can actually produce better results because you can have the recordings play in the background a lot longer than you can sit and consciously repeat the statements over and over again.
And there is some evidence that playing such a recording while you sleep can also be effective.
How to Choose Effective Affirmations
While the use of affirmations is easy to understand, the creation of effective affirmations is less so.
Particularly because there is so much mis-information about how the inner mind works. For example, some say that only positively-phrased affirmations should be used. However, when a person’s mind is heavily focused on negativity, positively-phrased affirmations can often have a reversed effect and product a result that is exactly opposite of what was intended.
Essentially, an effective affirmation will describe the end result you want, phrased as you would normally say it in everyday conversation.
And for even greater effect, you’ll use several affirmations for the same goal, each phrased slightly differently, to give your inner mind a type of “mental fiber” to hold on to.
However, the ideas and concepts behind your chosen affirmations are much more important than the specific words used to phrase them.
For this, it’s important to study successful people and identify the specific beliefs which have helped them be so successful. This will help you become much more successful yourself than if you were to pick affirmations at random.
Below, you will find 11 groups of affirmations which have been collected from studying the world’s most successful people. This is a subset of the 492 belief statements found to be critical for success in all areas of life.
Foundational Beliefs (19)
This group of affirmations address the foundations of our existence, and will further your personal evolution along all lines. If you focused on only 1 group of affirmations, these would be the ones I’d recommend.
- There is more to the Universe than anyone can comprehend.
- My reality is a direct reflection of what I believe to be true.
- The world around me is a direct reflection of what I believe.
- The world around me is a perfect manifestation of my beliefs.
- As I change what I believe, the world around me changes as well.
- Beliefs can be changed in an moment, with a simple decision to do so.
- A positive belief is 1000 times stronger than a negative one.
- Physical reality can change in any way my beliefs support.
- The power of faith can literally move mountains.
- If I truly believe it, the whole world can change in an instant.
- The world gives me what I expect.
- Just as a dream can change in an instant, so may the world around me.
- As soon as a belief is changed, it is immediately reflected in the physical world.
- Once a belief is changed, it stays that way until it’s changed again.
- Miracles are real, and happen more often than anyone realizes.
- Miracles such as changing water to wine or lead to gold are not only possible, but easy to produce.
- There are no limits.
- Time is an illusion, and anything may happen at any time.
- The Universe is different for each person, and everyone may experience their own separate reality.
Self-Esteem Beliefs (13)
The beliefs in this group help you recognize the value you have in the world, and help you feel good about who you are as a person.
This is the first step towards personal evolution, and the foundation for all of the belief statements which come after this point.
- Every person is born equally worthy of having a good life.
- Anyone who’s lived the life I’ve lived would have done everything I’ve done, and received the same results.
- Nobody’s perfect, and our imperfections are what make us unique and special.
- There is no one else exactly like me in the entire world. There is value in rarity, therefore I am valuable.
- I am valuable simply because I exist.
- I am a human being, one of the most advanced forms of life on this planet.
- My mind is far more advanced than any computer ever created.
- I have inherited a destiny of greatness.
- I am gifted in some way.
- I have a purpose in life.
- I have more ability than I realize.
- I am far more powerful and important than I could ever imagine.
- I have unlimited potential, and the ability to bring that potential to life.
Self-Sufficiency Beliefs (24)
The affirmations in this group are intended to help you overcome obstacles of depression, addiction, and dependency. As such, the statements are perhaps the most “negative” in the entire collection. This is to make them more ‘palatable’ to a negatively-focused mind, which will often completely reject a sugary-sweet purely positive statement.
- Things are not as bad as I sometimes think they are.
- In fact, things are really much BETTER than I think they are.
- Every day, in every way, I find more and more good things in my life.
- Every day above ground is a good day.
- I have fewer problems than most people.
- Millions of people all over the world would LOVE to trade places with me.
- I have a good life.
- I find new evidence daily of the many wonderful things in my life right now.
- I refuse to spend any time dwelling on negative thoughts.
- I can be happy in any situation.
- I do not need any person or thing to be happy.
- My mind is clear and free.
- Anything I do, I do because I enjoy it, not because I have any need for it.
- I can change what I do at any time.
- I am not controlled by any outside person or substance.
- Although I enjoy being with other people, I do not need anyone else in my life to be happy.
- I am fully capable of achieving my goals on my own.
- I have unlimited Power within me.
- I am my own person.
- I am the only one in control over my destiny.
- I am at no-one’s mercy.
- No one else makes decisions for me.
- I can choose to accept or reject the suggestions of others.
- People naturally want to help me. I may accept their help without incurring any obligation.
Confidence Beliefs (9)
Once you’ve filled in the holes left by “negative” beliefs, it’s now time to start moving higher, and this is fueled by a feeling of confidence, which is produced with the following belief statements.
- Just as surely as 2+2=4, my confidence grows by leaps and bounds.
- I have mastered many difficult things in my life, such as walking and speaking, and have therefore proven my ability to learn new things.
- I am learning how to command the forces of the Universe to manifest the things I desire.
- The world I see around me is a direct reflection of what I believe to be true.
- I can change the world around me by changing what I believe to be true.
- I can change what I believe with a simple decision to do so.
- The more I use the Power of Belief, the better I get at manifesting what I desire.
- I choose to believe that everything goes my way.
- There is a great Power in the Universe helping me to achieve my goals.
Motivation Beliefs (14)
Our results in life come from the actions we take. Many of us struggle with a lack of motivation, which produces a lack of positive results. These affirmations will help you change all that.
- I enjoy being a valuable and productive member of society.
- The world needs me, my skills, and my unique set of talents.
- As I work to serve others, my own needs and desires are satisfied as well.
- The sooner I start, the sooner I’ll have the results I want.
- If I’m not sure what to do next, I follow my intuition and impulses.
- I do not fear the unknown.
- I find the process of discovery fascinating and exciting.
- Life rewards me for doing what I can in any given situation.
- I fully expect to be successful, so I’ll just go for it now and receive my reward.
- Positive results come from taking positive action.
- I want to leave the world a better place than what I found.
- I want to make my mark upon the world.
- A mediocre result is 1000 times better than a perfect idea.
- Any progress is better than no progress.
Direction Beliefs (9)
What good is having strong motivation without a clear direction to follow? The following affirmations help you identify the right path for you.
- As I relax and turn my attention inward, I become aware of my purpose and the next step I must take to realize it.
- I only need to know the next step to take. As long as it brings me closer to my goal, that is enough.
- There is a Source of guidance within me that is never wrong. I tap into that guidance now.
- The more I open my mind to Divine Guidance, the more I am in touch with true intuition.
- My intuition is clear, accurate, and dependable.
- I have an Inner Intelligence guiding me to do the right thing at the right time.
- My Inner Intelligence leads me along paths of truth and prosperity.
- I trust the guidance that comes from within.
- I am free to choose any direction I wish.
Focus Beliefs (8)
Success in life comes from taking clear, focused action. These affirmations help you to attain and maintain a high degree of focus.
- It feels good to be in a focused state of mind.
- When I’m focused, I have more energy.
- Being focused makes it easier to achieve my goals.
- I can accomplish a lot more when I focus on doing one thing at a time.
- I perform my work better when I am focused on what I am doing.
- Just as a sharp blade works better than a dull one, a focused mind works better than an unfocused one.
- A focused mind is one which ignores potential distractions.
- Focusing my mind is easy.
Organization Beliefs (8)
Taking the idea of focus higher, the following affirmations will help you become more organized, therefore helping you get more done with less effort.
- An organized work area prevents distractions.
- I can do so much more when my work area is clean and organized.
- A clean and organized home is nicer to live in, and feels more liberating.
- I can find things quicker when everything is well organized.
- Life is so much better when things follow a logical pattern.
- I refuse to allow chaos into my life. I choose peace and tranquility instead.
- I attract to myself people who enjoy organization as much as I do.
- I can get more done when I work with a proven system.
Persistence Beliefs (9)
Rarely is success achieved through a single effort. In most cases, we need to persist through several obstacles before reaching the goal we have set for ourselves. These affirmations are what many successful people use to help them keep going.
- I enjoy the feeling of stability I get from having a regular routine.
- I live with integrity and honor.
- I do not abandon my responsibilities or duties, but stand fast as long as I am needed.
- As with fine wines, most things improve over time.
- I enjoy seeing things come to full maturity.
- Things achieved easily and quickly are rarely appreciated as much as those things which take much time and effort to obtain.
- Once I start a task, I don’t stop until it’s done, unless there’s a very good reason.
- If the cause is worthy, I will never quit.
- I am not a quitter.
Balance Beliefs (7)
Becoming too focused on success and attaining your goals can be just as much a problem as not focusing enough on them. These affirmations help you evolve into a more balanced perspective.
- I maintain a balanced focus on life.
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Day follows night, summer follows winter. Cycles are a natural part of life.
- For everything there is a season. For every season, there is a purpose.
- Without rain, there would be no flowers. Joy is sweeter when you know sadness.
- Good things can sometimes come from unpleasant events.
- I know that no matter what happens, it’s all leading me to joy and happiness.
Understanding Beliefs (9)
One of the steps of self-mastery is in maximizing your ability to learn. These affirmations help make it easy.
- I have a good mind.
- My mind is sharp and penetrating.
- My memory is good and improves daily.
- I can easily recall any detail I may wish to bring forth.
- My memory is perfect and everlasting.
- I can learn and understand anything.
- I can learn from every situation I encounter.
- I have an infinite potential for learning.
- There is always a way to learn more.
Self-Mastery Beliefs (12)
Going beyond basic self-mastery, these affirmations help you evolve into a more spiritual perspective.
- I enjoy seeing how far I can grow as a person.
- I enjoy learning and improving myself.
- Every day, in every way, I strive to do what I can to improve the world around me.
- I constantly strive for excellence.
- I stretch my abilities by putting myself into situations where I need to perform at a higher level.
- I tend to be good at whatever I do, especially since I enjoy improving myself and my skills.
- I express my fullest potential in all things.
- No matter what may happen around me, I am always aware of my connection to the Source of all good things.
- I am able to stay calm and centered in any situation, and respond with love, compassion, and strength.
- One who controls the mind is more powerful than one who controls only the body.
- I am in control of my habits and my emotions.
- I judge no one, because if I had lived their life, I would do exactly as they do.
Going Further With Your Personal Evolution
The affirmations above are just a small sampling of the many beliefs found to be responsible for success in all areas of life. You will find more listed on the PowerKeys Publishing website, at https://PowerKeysPub.com/product/embraces-belief-entrainment-system/ref/[affiliate_id]/
Also on that page is a complete description of a system designed to help you program these belief statements into your inner mind, where they will guide your decisions, your actions, and consequently, your results.
In short, just by listening to a set of audio recordings while you do other things, you will automatically start evolving into a more successful person, without any additional effort on your part, and without taking any time away from the things you want to do.