Most people assume that persuasion is the providence of salespeople, and that if you’re not involved with selling, then you don’t need persuasion skills. However, as you begin to take note of some of the various situations in which persuasion already takes place in your life, you may realize that you are already trying to persuade the people around you to do one thing or another.
- Are you a parent trying to persuade your kids to become responsible adults?
- Do you want more fulfilling relationships with your spouse or loved ones?
- Do you require the cooperation of other people who may have other priorities?
- Do you want to get more respect from the people around you?
- Are you a counselor, teacher, or life coach trying to help others succeed in life?
- Do you ever need to negotiate the price of an item being bought or sold?
- Do you need to protect yourself from unscrupulous manipulators who are using persuasion against you?
These and many other situations call for the application of persuasion skills. When you learn the powerful skills taught in this course, you will find that you are able to get what you want and need from other people. You can persuade people to give you respect, to see your point of view about a given topic, to help you when you need it, and to do what needs to be done.